USA Hockey Safesport Program
- The safety of its Participants is of paramount importance to USA Hockey. This includes both on-ice and off-ice
- safety; the SafeSport Program and this Handbook address primarily off-ice safety in USA Hockey’s programs.
- USA Hockey has long had systems in place to protect its Participants from physical abuse, sexual abuse and other
- types of abuse and misconduct that can be harmful to youth hockey players and other Participants. These include
- without limitation Physical Abuse, Sexual Abuse, Hazing, Screening, and Locker Room Supervision Policies, in
- addition to Codes of Conduct applicable to administrators, coaches, officials, parents, players and spectators. This SafeSport Handbook, which was first adopted in 2012, brings together USA Hockey’s various policies to protect its Participants from all types of misconduct and abuse.